PCH Condensing Boiler Specialists
Call us anytime on 07769 555030
We undertake all types of condensing boiler installation in London
Condensing Boiler Installation
What is the best condensing boiler make to install?
Boilers are important part to any home: they keep rooms warm, water hot and inhabitants happy. But the fact is not all boilers are born equal.
It is a proven fact that by replacing your 10 year old non-condensing boiler with a new high efficiency condensing one, you could cut your carbon footprint by nearly two tonnes and save as much as £300 plus a year on utilities bills, and a lot on breakdowns, great for your pocket, let alone you keep mother nature happy.
Why condensing boiler?
Condensing boilers whether they are system, combi, or heat only are the most popular boilers in the UK today, and by law, all new central heating boilers fitted in the UK must now be condensing boilers.
Condensing boilers are easy to fit and tend to be highly efficient. A-rated condensing boilers rank at least 90% plus efficient, compared to older boilers, which can convert just 60% of their fuel into heat.
It means my dear friend, with high efficiency boiler when you spend £1 on gas you get £0.90 plus of heat not £0.60 p.
You can also determine what type of boiler you have by looking at the flue (the pipe that carries the boiler’s products of combustion (exhaust) to outside the house:
- If the flue is made of plastic and releases steam when the boiler is on, you most likely that you have a condensing boiler.
- If the flue is made out of metal and you can’t see any steam, your boiler is probably of the non-condensing variety.
The 3 types of condensing boilers
Condensing boilers come in three varieties: regular, system and combination (combi).
- Regular condensing boilers heat hot water and then store it in a hot water cylinder. They’re best suited for homes with family-sized central heating systems.
- System condensing boilers are for similar-sized homes, but their heating and hot water components are already built in. Installation is quicker and easier.
- Combination (combi) boilers combine instant hot water heating with central heating in one boiler, taking water directly from the mains. There’s no need for a hot water cylinder and by only heating up as much hot water as you need, you’ll save on costs. They suit small homes with good mains pressure.
best buy condensing boiler
The type and size of your new condensing boiler will depend on many factors such as the size of your home, how well insulated it is, and the kind of fuel you use. If you’re unsure ask PCH boiler repairs Gas Safe engineer/adviser.
Most of us waste laods of energy keeping our homes too hot unnecessarily. A quality boiler (such as Baxi Plaitnum, Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDI classic, palte to plate got to be protected) installed by a competent gas safe engineer and correct heating controls could save you between 17 % up to 40% of your heating bill .
Tip: Keep your room thermostats set to between 18°C and 21°C and your hot water cylinder thermostat to 60°C (140F). And by lowering your room thermostats by just 1°C you could save yourself £40 a year*!
Top tip: Make sure your boiler’s working properly. Get it serviced and looked at every year to ensure it heats your home the way it meant to do.Google+